Sunday, January 21, 2007

SciFi Ofelia


I saw Pan's Labyrinth.

I enjoyed it thoroughly, but not nearly as much as cheese or sex. (Don't worry, I rarely if ever mix the two. You'd think for as much as i like both I'd be eating wifey nachos every night, but it turns out I go into sensory overload and implode. That's not as painful as it sounds, but it's still a bit disorientating to pull myself back from the 5th dimension.)

This film reaffirmed the choice Chloe and I have made to name our son after the writer/director, Guillermo del Toro (no relation to Benicio. Both beautiful and brutal, it's in the realm of "non-accessible-to-all-audiences." This means "Go watch it - and in the theatre."

There were people who stormed out of our showing, upset. We laughed.

I don't doubt it'll get nominated for a few Oscars. Actually, i don't doubt it'll be overlooked by the Oscars, because they wont know what to do with it!

I'll wait to talk abou tthe story until after the few who read this blog have also seen it.

No comments: